I bought an entire box of cornflakes to adore my sweet corn macarons and it is only natural that I now work at using the box up before they go stale. Sure, I could eat cornflakes like a normal person for breakfast with milk. But I like to do things with my food. And so here it goes – cornflake chicken bites.
Recipe as follows:
200g minced meat of choice (I choose chicken)
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 egg yolk
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3 cups cornflakes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180 Celcius (fan forced).
- Mix all of the ingredients together except the cornflakes and shape into balls.
- Roll in crushed cornflakes until well coated.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with choice of sauce (I stuck with plain old tomato ketchup).
I really enjoyed eating these – it tastes like a healthier version of KFC’s popcorn chicken with some heat to it from the chilli flakes. I added some chicken salt after the baking as well but that’s only if you want to be unhealthy.