Yes, I know that my supposed every Monday and Thursday posts have not been forthcoming for an entire four months. The truth is, life caught up with me and the other truth is that I was lazy. I didn’t want to face the mountain of dirty dishes that comes with baking and decorating, particularly with the more complex projects that I embark on.
Anyway, last night I decided to push myself and baked off a quick and easy batch of friands and they turned out great!
These took almost no time at all to make and best of all, very little dishes to wash up because there was no creaming or whisking or anything fancy involved. And berries makes everything look pretty.
Ingredients (makes 6)
1/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
2 egg whites
1/3 cup self raising flour
1/4 cup raspberries
- Heat oven to 180 Celcius.
- Pour all ingredients except the raspberries into a bowl and mix well together.
- Spoon mixture into friand tins or cupcake ones if you don’t have them.
- Press the raspberries into the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and springs back when pressed.